Exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Accountant
Reel One, the fastest growing Film and Entertainment company in Canada is in search of an energetic individual with several years experience as a key Production Accountant looking to further their potential in the entertainment industry.
This position has incredible growth opportunity for the right candidate to manage a growing team which oversee a large slate of movies.
Reporting to the Senior VP of Production and working closely with Finance and Business Affairs, the candidate, if chosen and progresses to the Head Production Accountant position, will oversee a slate of shows, reporting to producers whilst managing the accounting team of 4-6 individuals or more.
- Weekly funding draw requests for all shows
- Cost Reporting bi weekly on multiple shows
- Hot Costs and cost control measures devised and implemented
- Set-up of all shows for Accounting purposes
- Oversee the payroll department; supervise accountants and guide AP clerks
- Ensure proper labor coding across all shows
- Assist in designing and implementing various production control procedures
- Reviewing and approving production and sales costs related to the all shows
- Manage and coordinate with Business Affairs with recoupment, amort and milestone schedules
- Quarterly reporting to the parent company
- Prepare bank reconciliations for various entities
- Prepare monthly GST filings
- Other duties as required by the position
WHO YOU ARE:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma/degree, training and experience
- multiple years of experience in film and entertainment accounting
- Experience leading an Accounting team, confident in making decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook Applications
- Experience with Accounting and Movie Magic software Other film software experience and asset.
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills; French speaking is an asset.
- Ability to perform successfully with minimal supervision
- Able to produce accurate work and handle multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Eagerness to learn and become a strong contributing member to our team
If you are interested in this position please send a resume and a cover letter, both in PDF form. Please tell us in the cover letter what your salary expectations are.
We will get back to candidates we would like to interview right away.